Very good implementation of Sudoku. Good solution to "swipe" through the numbers with the shoulder buttons!
- little annoying that B is the "proceed" button instead of A, since A is usually the default on Nintendo consoles (including SNES)
- after a puzzle is solved, it shows "done" which is nice but it feels a little unnatural not to have a button (or START) that is offered then to you to take you back to the title screen, instead you have to do it manually with the menu
(both cons are no real big issues though, just wanted to give feedback)
- bug free and smooth
- appealing visuals
- great to be able to input newspaper puzzles in an empty grid
- the hint feature is fantastic!
What I miss:
- a way to note down numbers in a field that "might" be there, for example if I know in the top left square is either a 3 or 7, same applies to the field below it, I would love to be able to note them as small numbers in the field until I know for sure which number goes where... not so sure how I would implement this in a good way though
What would be a fantastic addition:
- auto-generated puzzles instead of "pre-made" ones... there are a few algorithms for this but I'm not sure how they'd be able to fit in an SNES rom but at least wanted to mention it :) pretty sure though that you thought about this by yourself already
Conclusion: Really an outstanding port so far, really like it.